City of Brier, Washington

Passport Acceptance Agency

Located at City Hall

2901 228 St SW, Brier WA 98036

Phone: 425-775-5440


Tuesday 9:00 am – 12:00 Noon
Wednesday 9:00 am - 12:00 Noon
Thursday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

The last application is accepted 15 minutes prior to closing.

Passport Requirements

  1. Certified Birth Certificate or previously issued U.S. Passport or Certificate of Naturalization.

    If Child under the age of 16
    with a previously issued Passport, a Certified Birth Certificate is also required. Hospital Certificates of birth are NOT acceptable. The document you provide WILL BE MAILED with your application form to the U.S. Passport Office.

  2. All applicants must be present. Applicants under age 16 must be accompanied by both parents. If one parent is unable to appear, DS-3053, Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor under Age 16, may be used. This form must be completed by the non-appearing parent and notarized.

  3. Two identical current passport photos – 2”x 2” with white background. Photos must meet U.S. Passport standards. You may either bring acceptable photos or you may purchase photos here when you apply for your passport.

  4. Proof of Identification (Valid Drivers License preferred).

  5. Social Security Number ALL applicants regardless of age.

  6. Passport Fees:

    Passport Book

    $110.00 – Adults (age 16 and over)
    $80.00 – Minors (under age 16 - must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian)

    Passport Card

    $30.00 – Adults (age 16 and over)
    $15.00 – Minors (under age 16 – must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian)

    $60.00 - Expedite Service Fee
    $25.00 - Execution Fee
    $15.00 - Passport Photos
Two separate payments must always be made:

1. Check or Money Order ONLY payable to U.S. Department of State for passport fee.

2. Cash, Check or Money Order made payable to City of Brier for processing and photo fee.


Where can I get passport information and passport forms?

As well as visiting the City of Brier Passport Agency, you may get information or download forms online at

How long does it take to get a passport?

Passport Services is committed to the issuance of your passport within 4 to 6 weeks from receipt of your completed application, when no additional information is needed.

What if I need a passport in a hurry?

 Passport applications can be expedited for an additional fee. Applicants may request expedited service and two-way overnight mail to receive passports within 3 weeks. If you are leaving in less than 14 days, you may contact the Seattle Passport Agency Appointment Office at 1-877-487-2778. Please stay on the line until you receive your confirmation number.

What if I have had a name change?

If your most recent U.S. Passport was issued less than one year ago, use form DS-5504. Include certified evidence to support a name change or other change in descriptive data and two new passport photos and mail it yourself to get a new passport free of charge.

If your valid U.S. Passport was issued more than one year ago, use form DS-82: Renewal By Mail. Include certified evidence of name change or other change in descriptive data, two new passport photos and a check (see fee table), and mail yourself.

Can I apply for a passport by mail?

Yes, you must apply for a passport by mail but only if you have your most recent passport and it was issued within the last 15 years, and, you were over the age of 16 when it was issued.

Can I track my passport online?

Yes, you may track the status of your application online by visiting using a standard browser. You can securely enter online your last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to receive that information. All personal data will then be deleted from this system.

What should I do if my passport is lost or stolen?

Report the loss on Form DS-64 when you apply in person for a new passport. If you are abroad, immediately report the loss to local police authorities and the nearest embassy or consulate.

What if I don’t have a state-certified birth certificate?

You may obtain a state-certified birth certificate by contacting the city or town where you were born, or you may order one on-line at (or call 1-800-255-2414).


Brier City Hall | 2901 228th St. SW | Brier, Washington 98036
(425) 775-5440 | Fax (425) 672-9025 |