ALL CITY MEETINGS ARE BACK TO IN-PERSON MEETINGS HELD
AT CITY HALL 2901 228TH ST SW, BRIER
NOTE: If you are planning to hand out something for the meeting you must provide 12 copies of the item in advance. If you have questions please contact the Clerk-Treasurer prior to the meeting at email@example.com or by calling (425)775-5440. Thank you.
BRIER PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
November 15, 2023
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM
A. October 18, 2023 Planning Commission Draft Minutes
4. REPORTS OF COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONERS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
5. PUBLIC REQUESTS & ORAL COMMUNICATIONS
6. WORK SESSIONS/STUDY ITEMS
7. NEW BUSINESS
- INTRODUCTION TO THE 2024 GROWTH MANAGEMENT ACT PERIODIC UPDATE
Washington State's Growth Management Act (GMA) requires that cities and counties update their Comprehensive Plans on a periodic schedule. This is an opportunity to revise population and employment growth forecasts with the most up to date data, review existing policies to ensure they make sense for the communities they serve, write new policies that reflect the priorities of the city, and confirm that all federal, state, and local requirements are met. The next update of the City's Comprehensive Plan is due in December of 2024. The 2024 Update will plan for the next 20 years of population and employment growth through the year 2044.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE 2023 LEGISLATIVE HOUSING & LAND USE BILLS
- E2SHB 1110 - Missing Middle Housing Bill - E2SHB 1110 requires designated Growth Management Act (GMA) planning cities, within 6 months after their periodic update due date, to allow certain minimum densities for middle housing. It does not apply to counties or unincorporated areas.
- EHB 1337 - Accessory Dwelling Units Bill - EHB 1337 requires all GMA-planning local governments - regardless of population and including counties (unincorporated urban growth areas) as well as cities - to revise their regulations as needed to conform with the following new requirements, within 6 months after their periodic update due date.
(material for these items will be presented at the Work Session)
8. AGENDA FOR NEXT MEETING (December 2023)
In accordance with the requirements of title II of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990, should you need special accommodations please contact Paula Swisher, City Clerk-Treasurer at 425-775-5440 with one weeks notice.
Return to the Planning Commission Index